- PreciseCarve 2-flute Tapered Ball-Nose Carving tools - 1/4" (0.250 in.) Shank
Ever since we introduced our original 3 and 4-flute tapered ball-nose carving tools, there has been a persistent demand for 2-flute tools with a greater depth of cut. Similar in design to the original bits these 2-flute are made with a high quality solid micro-grain carbide and are a tapered design optimized for 3D machine carving. The high-shear ball nose tip cuts smooth 3D contours with reduced stepping and minimal 'fuzz'. This bit also features a high flute volume for high feed rates and the high aspect ratio allows for single pass deep-reach cutting.
A great choice for such applications as dimensional signage, precision 3D carving, 3D contouring, cabinetry and furniture making, 3D mill-work, etc.
- Geometry - 2-flute tapered high-shear edge grind, ball-nose tip
- Shank dia. - 1/4" (6.35mm)
- Length - 3.25" (82.6mm) ±0.100"
- Tip diameter - nominal ±0.0010"
- Taper angle - nominal ±0.10°
- Runout (TIR) - max 0.0005"
- Max. depth of cut - nominal ±0.100"
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0002"
- Anticipated Life - depends on material being cut
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 1k RPM to 40k RPM