These PreciseBits brand carbide endmills are uniquely designed for the cutting of inlay and intarsia components from antler, horn, tusk, phenolic, and stabilized mineral products. The fishtail point eliminates backside breakout and splintering while the high flute volume supports high feed rates/chip loads. Cutting edge geometry is tuned to all aspects of inlay pocket cutting and component shaping.
- Cutting inlay and intarsia components from antler, horn, tusk, phenolic, and stabilized mineral products.
- Pocket cutting in ebony, rosewood, and purpleheart
- Engraving horn, tusk, antler, hardwood, and phenolics
- Slotting printed circuit board substrates
- Machining thermoplastics for engineering and medical applications
- Geometry: 2 flute, 1/8" (3.18 mm) shank, fish-tail tip
- Length: 1.5" ±0.010"
- Diameter: nominal ±0.0005"
- Max runout: (TIR) - < 0.0005"
- Runout (TIR): < 0.0005"
- Max.DOC: EFL varies by diameter ±0.005"
- Anticipated Life: depends on material being cut (min 2,000")
- Material: solid sub-micrograin carbide
- Ring Set: 0.800" +-0.002"
- Operating RPM: CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM